- Lecturer(s) or Responsible(s): Gabor Lövei (Aarhus University, Department of Agroecology, Slagelse, Denmark; collaborator of IBBC, cE3c)
- Department Responsible: Departamento de Biologia Animal (FCUL)
- Data: November 6th, 2023 to November 10th, 2023
- Deadline for Applications: October 2nd, 2023
- Duration: 36 hours (contact hours)
- Schedule: 9h-13h and 14h15-17h30 Monday to Friday
- Nº (min, max) Students: 10-20
- Location: Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, 1749-016 Lisboa
Objectives of the course:
The objective of this course is to introduce participants to the details of communication and writing scientific publications. The main emphasis is on the most common form, the “primary scientific paper”, but other forms will be covered. Matters related to oral presentations, poster preparation and proposal writing will also be discussed. Thus participants will become familiar with the forms of presenting new findings to various scientific forums.
Please note that the main focus of this course is on how to structure a scientific text, i.e. the rules and requirements, building up the actual text, presenting findings, etc., and not very much on the actual language, i.e. grammar, vocabulary, language structure, etc. The latter will only be touched briefly upon.
How to apply
Candidates should fill in the following FORMULARY:
For detailed information about our 2023-2024 advanced courses offer, please click HERE